‘Malay Lavender’ Designer Umbrella is a folding umbrella adorned with a print taken from a series of oil painted canvases by Leanne Claxton. Each painting is digitally transformed and printed onto rain and sun protective umbrella fabric. Digital print allows the artist to capture the rainbow of kaleidoscopic colour and intricate detail within the original oil paintings.
- Open diameter 98cm
- Handle Length 23cm
- Open Length 55cm
- Fabric 100% polyester
- UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) rating of 45 – provides excellent protection from UV radiation
- Handle 100% polypropylene
- Aluminium shaft and frame with fiberglass and metal
- Protective case
- Hexagon gift box
- Designed in England, printed designer signature
- All umbrella artworks are taken from Claxton’s original oil paintings
The oil painting called ‘Malay’ is inspired by the flora and fauna of Asia. It is an abstract interpretation of the beauty observed in the small details in flowers, butterfly wings and birds feathers. A vivid colour palette exaggerates the contrast between light and dark, resulting in aesthetically pleasing romantic patterns that draw the viewer into a dreamlike escapism.